Pages

Thursday 8 May 2014

I. Love. To. Crochet.

I love to Crochet.

Plain and simple. It's a fact.
But my crochet tends not to be very plain.

In fact in tends to be pretty colourful.
Very Lucy-ish, of Attic24 bloggy fame.

I chose this style of rainbowy hooky goodness before discovering her blog.... but seeing her lovely high colour crochet exploits has done nothing to tone down my hooky-ing!

This is a cushion cover I've recently been working on.... 


See what I mean about colourful?!

These balls of gorgeous full on colour happened into my home last week.
Again, inspired my Lucy and her current mandala obsession and her recent acquisition of some of this very same make of yarn.

It is Stylecraft Classique Cotton DK bought from Wool Warehouse.
I started off with these colours but have since also got pastel blue and pink, cream, and white.


And this is what I bought it for.... to make these super cute coasters.
Aren't they lovely? 


I saw a picture of  these or something very similar on FB. 
So I googled crochet coasters, and found This Pattern.
I love that this pattern was based on a circle motif from 1893- but it doesn't look at all out of place crocheted in bright modern colours!

I didn't overly like the way the last round crocheted up, so had a play with the first one I made til I was happy.
Now there's no stopping me and I have a steadily growing pile of them on my table!

I will also blame this yarny purchase on Lucy too....


This is Stylecraft Special Chunky also from Wool Warehouse, but bought in a colour pack.
It was This Post on Attic24 that made me need this wool, and I do plan on trying that cushion sometime..... but for now I'm making this simple round cushion with it....


Very simple, nothing fancy. Just a colourful soft squishy cushion.

So that's what I've been up to these last few days.
Happy crocheting to you if that's what you do! :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment