Pages

Thursday 1 May 2014

Let's Try This Again!

So at the beginning of this year I decided I was going to give this blogging lark a good go again.... but it didn't take long for it fall by the wayside again!

So here we are, 1st May- a new miponth, and I'm going to try again... again!

I love my crochet, so essentially that is what I will be blogging about. Mainly.
But there will be my FMS Photo a Day pics, plus photo posts if I've been out and about with my camera.
Generally it will be a little bit of this and that.... whatever takes my fancy, and as and when.

So firstly my daily photo... today's prompt was " Begins with J"


Jam!

Yesterday I completed a Patchwork Granny blanket I'd started quite some time ago. 
It's made of 120 simple 5 round single colour granny squares, joined using the join-as-you-go method that Lucy used on her Attic24 blog. I finished it with two granny rounds of cream, finished with a simple small scalloped edge I came up with for a previous blanket.
It's so nice to know its finished at last!

And the plan for this blanket is to sell it... But I'm not sure how or for how much yet. I need to think it over some more first.


I told myself I was supposed to be finishing up some other WIPs after finishing that blanket, but instead decided to make a couple of cushion covers. Both will be in the same yarn (Stylecraft Life DK which is an acrylic/wool mix)


The front will be a single granny square, each round a different colour.... and the back? I haven't decided yet.... either plain cream or white, or maybe coloured stripes? Only time will tell!





No comments:

Post a Comment